* the weather was gorgeous today – 70 degrees
* I took my kids to 8 different parades from Mandeville to the French Quarter (over the past 2 weeks) – no boobs – no unruly drunks – I never felt that anyone’s safety was in question. In fact, I felt very safe the whole time (& I am one of those paranoid moms).
* I took my kids & mom to the French Quarter today – 2 days after Fat Tuesday for lunch. It was clean & family friendly.
* shopping around the Waterfront is amazing – found the upscale shopping at Canal Place (window shopping only)
* took the free ferry to Algiers to see Mardi Gras World today. It was phenomenal. They got to see all the floats from the parades, how floats were made, a film about the history of Mardi Gras, try on costumes, eat more King Cake & walk around.
* we went to the Seven Sisters Voodoo Shop for a few before we caught the bus back to the port. I hope the owner reads this – because she was a lovely woman. We parted with a hug as we bonded in 10 minutes time. I know, Greta you are nuts, but I really can bond with people quickly. I missed the hugging & warmth of others when I was in OK. I had it in El Paso & now I have it again here – at my new home!
* the kids ended up being in a street performer show in Jackson Square today. It was a group of Bahamian Acrobats. I was getting the car & had the camera. Dang – they want to go back again tomorrow just to watch the street performers!