* I have not given up on the possibility of joining the Army. For some reason, this whole age “41” thing is not cut and dry. Is it “by 41″” or “after 41,” can I go direct commission or OCS route? Two recruiters so far could not come up with an answer. I contacted an acquaintance at the Pentagon (actually Twittered US Army & she answered) and now a “head LA dude” is on the case for the past 2 weeks. This should not be that difficult! Now, I have not even committed to doing this, I would just like to know my options and can’t seem to get those. Where is the red carpet US Army?
* I had the greatest lunch with Sir JJ, and 2 other wonderful dining companions today. JJ invited his friend Larry Jones, a retired USCG Commander with 42 years of service who, earned a Purple Heart. Larry and I needed to formally meet (even though we had run into each other twice). We will be doing a bunch together in the near fiture to help local Veterans! JJ also invited hos “adopted Grandaughter.” Emily Brauninger, the most delightful 18 year old who is wise beyond her years. She volunteers at the WWII Museum and is majoring in history.
* I’m sad that Louisiana lost another young hero.
* Got my road bike pimped out with all new stuff. You would think it would feel awesome – I’m sore!!! New aerobars, new seat, new tires and Motrin!
* My mood is much better than last week- too much crap at one time can tarnish a tiara! Big girl panties on and moving forward.
* Thrilled that Soldiers’ Angels won a 25K prize. My partner in crime, Shelle, and I worked really hard to push it and so many generous people voted. It will make a positive impact on the organization and I’m very excited!