Reality has reared its’ ugly head again and I want it gone- NOW! I won’t even remind you how may days until Hannukah (I’m Jewish and can spell it any way I want -LOL), Christmas and Mardi Gras. Let’s face it, you know when you blink they will have come and gone and you will have screwed up or forgotten something important! Or worse, drank too much in front of someone you shouldn’t have.
* Our vacation ended Friday night and our luggage arrived and rang the doorbell at 6 freaking 30 AM Saturday morning for delivery!!! I greeted the delivery dude with bed-head and pajamas (he ran back to his van).
* Today I exceeded my spending record at Scam’s Club as I let the cupboards run bare before vacation – a little throw-up in my mouth at the register.
* I bought a scale for the first time in 10 years – it must be off 15 pounds – better return it.
* Must lose weight or is it shrinking pants? Humidity in Louisiana shrinks pants – right?
* My newest game is going in to a store and asking if they have a Wii. I usually get a good laugh!
* When are the lead based toys going on sale?
* I jazzed up my igoogle page so I won’t forget anything over the next few months.
* Show the troops you care and stop by Soldiers’ Angels Louisiana to see how you can help!
* I invited every person during my trip to El Paso to come to Mardi Gras
* The bathroom remodeling project is moving along nicely.
* I really need to get moving on Christmas cards – last year I skipped (oops), year before – Valentine’s Day cards!
* Great gift idea – buy someone a gift certificate for a professional organizer – that would be me & my business partner!!! I’ll even electronically organize someone!
Seriously, this Wii thing is driving me and hubby freaking insane! Of course, the kid who believes in the stinkin elves thinks they are making it for him right now. What is a mother to do? Bring on the lead toys!
(as usual, this post can be found at my personal blog and NOLA.com)
5 Replies to “Forget the Wii, they’re getting lead toys!”
Amazon has 93 Used & new from $549.99
So can relate Greta! We’re searching for a Wii but I refuse to buy it over suggested retail price just to get it here in time for a specific date. We’ll have our big Christmas present in January if we need to. I bought the Barbie Dream House so I figure Santa will still be in good standing this Christmas without it. 🙂
Greta…I think I bought the same scale!!!!!
another great post, I was laughing my head off 🙂 thanks.
about the Wii thing? I fortunately had a child born in January…she’s already been told that those gifts not received for Christmas could possibly show up for a birthday gift, which gives me breathing room.
My Uncle in Tuscaloosa AL went to one store at 3:00 a.m. on Thanksgiving Day (first in line) to get a Wii, and another store the next day at 4:00 a.m., while his wife and friend did a different store at 4:00 a.m. the same day. They managed to get 3 Wii’s for their three sets of grandkids. Maybe you have to go to Tuscaloosa and stay up all night!
Greta…..you have been a part of my life, (not personally) for just a short while and already I feel like we could be family! Possible, right? I haven’t yet finished tracing that family tree project I began back in 1970 something, so who knows!!!
I don’t normally comment on sites often, but KISS MY GUMBO CAUGHT MY EYE!!!! Your site is my own free therapy, (yes, hi, my name is really Emily, and i am in therapy). Don’t much care at this point in my life who may be spying on my computer because I always speak the truth!!! Grela, u know what I mean?
Us catholic/jewish/whatever they are calling us these days, after all have a way of always telling the absolute truth. Ya know like the when the NUN who is permantately etched in my brain, Yes, SISTER ELIZABETH, YOU put the fear of GOD ALMIGHTY in me one day simply because she requested I RISE so that she could measure my hem in my school uniform and I practically peeeed in my pants because I knew darn well that that God forbidden length she was itching to check on with her GOLDEN RULER was gonna get MY behind in trouble if it didn’t show whatever it was (AN INCH ABOVE THE KNEE). She just scared the bee JESUS out of me! I knew I shouldn’t have listened to my best friend for ROLLIN up that skirt!!!! (AND ONLY SHE KNOWS WHO SHE IS).
ANYWAY, I’M PULLING AN ALL-NIGHTER AND MUST RUN, FLEE, OH, SHOOT WHAT DO I SAY HERE, SLOW DOWN, RIGHT? (AFTER ALL, I’M NOT IN COLLEGE OR HANGIN OUT WITH MY BUDS OR ANYTHING, LIKE MY DEAR CHILDREN MIGHT SAY, I’M JUST bi-polar, shhhh…
Love and Best of Luck in all that YOU do!!!!
YOUR BIGGEST FAN,
(Loved your Great Idea for LEGOS!!!!!)
Comments are closed.