* This NOLA.com gig rocks! Welcome new readers! My name in lights and $200 bucks a month-what more could a girl ask for? Lots would be an appropriate response – I want it all! (never mind – I have it all, but more $ would be welcome). I have been blogging as a hobby for years & now can justify my habit (a little). Quiet kids – mommy is blogging!
* The May edition of Inside Northside is coming out next week. My freelance gig with them is a blast & I can’t wait to see my articles in writing for the first time in 12 since I published in a boring journal (yawn).
*Pelican Park is where I’ll be spending most my weekend. I am most impressed with this facility. It is where the local kids play sports (the Y is major haul) and they have the most beautiful fields. It is privately run and games run like clockwork (a first for us). #1 son will take the mound at 11:30 today – yay! Go Mets!
*My house is trashed- what is new?
* #2 son will be at Lake Harbor Middle School this morning. They are offering an incoming 4th grader morning filled activities for the kiddos. Parents get to leave after 20 minutes – yippee – I mean, I will miss him terribly this morning (hehe).
*coffee IV is slowly working
* I leave to go to the 2nd Milblog conference next Friday. DC here I come! For those of you unfamiliar with Milblog – Military + Blog= Milblog. Yes, I have another persona(but not in a mental deviant type of way). I will hopefully be able to visit soldiers at Walter Reid while there too. But don’t worry – I’ll fill you in.
* I spoke with Milena Merrill, the only other person I have spoken with at NOLA.com, besides Jon Donley. I can’t wait to meet her in person – another new friend – yay!
* It doesn’t get any better than this – I love Mandeville, Lewsiana (learning), my house, my family, my neighbors (a nice change), & am planting my family here and will actually be able to grow roots too!!! Now to get my parent to leave Boston & come here (wish me luck).
cross posted at NOLA.com
2 Replies to “Saturday Jambalaya”
I Have been researching a relocation to Louisiana since my husband took a job in Norco last October. It didn’t take long to narrow my search down to Mandeville on the Northshore because of it’s school system, low crime, and beauty. I love your blog, and am more confident that Mandeville is the place for our family. You’ve added a lot of color to the statistics that we have been basing our move on, and am thrilled to read that you LOVE it so much where you live. I just returned to Florida from a trip to Mandeville, and think it is the most beautiful place to raise my family. Thanks Greta!
Hey Greta, welcome to the Northshore and Inside Northside Magazine! Your articles The World is Their Stage and Beyond Conventional Medicine are now online!
Comments are closed.