Whether you are from Louisiana or not, you will find something on this list that is unique and in good taste! Please check back as I will continue to update it and also make this a static page on the sidebar. Many of these are from businesses in St. Tammany and New Orleans and support local merchants and crafters or have Louisiana ties. Remember, I am not paid for endorsing these products, but most have got my money at some point or may in the future:) Please tell them Greta “Kiss My Gumbo” sent you. I didn’t list food and book stuff – that stuff is a no-brainer.
LOCAL GIFT & GIFT CERTIFICATE IDEAS
* for someone to get their house organized after the holidays. Who wouldn’t want a professional organizer? $50 minimum for gift certificates. I heard this Greta and her partner Leaf are the best and most reasonably priced organizers in town!
*Prima Donna’s closet where I shop.
* About Face to get some makeup
* interior decorating consultation with Belle Maison Decorating, Erin Patterson (985)807-4309
* The Bra Genie now next to Chico’s in Mandeville.
* custom draperies or pillows with Seams to Be, Kim (985)778-0567
* A brie or anything made by Tammy Fidel at 5252 Hwy 22 – next to the Lampstand in Mandeville. Or call (985)869-2047 I am partial to her new cranberry brie.
* Any of the cute jewelry made by Kathie’s Krafts at the Madneville Trailhead or call (985)845-3359
STUFF ANYONE CAN BUY ON THE WEB
A print from Don Stewart (the artist who drew my logo). Very reasonably priced and fun. I bought them for my family members and the coffee table book is cool too!!!
Anything from Anne Dale Jewelers. Her items under her “Jeweler for a Cause” give back to non-profits. If you purchase the Silver Star of Hope, tell her it is for Soldiers’ Angels.
Oscar’s Originals has cool pins, earrings and wall hangings at low prices!
A pendant from John Doherty Iron and Design. I LOVE my fleur de lis pendant!
Any of the Mardi Gras Bead lamps or other cool stuff from Unique Products
Louisiana flavored gifts and gift baskets from Angelworks
Bed & Breakfast gift certificates are a cool idea. My parents actually used the one I sent them.
Adopt an Animal from the zoo.
Papillion CD – Cajun, Zydeco and New Orleans Kid Music
Anything from these local websites:
New Orleans Craft Mafia
Jazzy Stuff selling wares from New Orleans Artists
B-Native also local artists
Gypsy Charms Jewelry
Etsy they have a New Orleans section
Tabasco.com features Louisiana Artists
Crabnet – they have Daniel Rhodes prints you can ship too!